Thursday 10 November 2011

Random thoughts...day to day experience!!

The industry I operate in & my current role gives me a lot of opportunities to meet some really high caliber successful individuals who are either business heads or CEOs at their companies and at times entrepreneurs running the entire show consistently & successfully. There is a commonality that I have observed meeting all these people. The topmost and the one that always impresses me is the humility! And it impresses me even more, when I think about the individuals at the middle management level (lets talk about that later). Humility, to me, is a clear differentiator when two people are equally qualified and successful. Every success, I feel, is a combination of hard work, luck & God’s grace. Till the time we are grounded to these facts, we shall remain grateful & humble. And I think most of these successful people do realize that. It could be the reflection of having achieved what they wanted to, or the feeling of being secured after reaching at a particular level or it could simply be the realization of efforts that went in to make it BIG!


What amazes me is the middle management or individuals in my age bracket. Just making a few bucks extra than your B-school peers is not success…getting paid for a job which ten more people can do equally well is not success…8-10 years of working and the attitude, sorry arrogance, of knowing everything!! There is a long way to go I feel...atleast for myself! The world is getting so competitive. I see budding entrepreneurs at the age of 24-25 now…and what confidence! That’s something to talk about…having the guts to leave a well paying job and start your own venture from scratch is something to boast about. Having success or failure at that venture honestly comes second! I take my inspiration from these people honestly and I feel truly blessed to have them around.

2 comments:

  1. lovely article :) Its a scary thought to leave a well paying job..i wish i have that courage...but still waiting right now for that one thing which i feel passionately about

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever I have known you so far, your passion is clearly dancing...& may be photography too...We have to be a phunsook wangdoo to let go off our monotonous jobs;-)...One day we shall...n that day is not far!

    ReplyDelete